Saturday, July 01, 2006

Losing my baby fat?

Last week I started losing weight! I was so excited because it has always been my intention that if I ever got pregnant, I wanted to weigh less after delivering the baby than before. I know this sounds rather trite, but ever since I met my husband, Justin, I knew he was to be the father of my children. (He is going to be the best father a person could ask for.) We met in 1997 and were married within a year. I knew I wanted to have children with him and I was 38 with no time to waste. Or so I thought.

I was just finishing medical school and starting a new practice. Slowly, I began to gain weight, about 20 lbs since meeting Justin. I have felt pregnant so many times. I had a feeling it was because I yearned to be pregnant for so long. In the last year, it really seemed to be getting worse. My hormones were so crazy. My belly began to grow (as well as other parts.)

Little did I know Shaela was energetically growing within me, as I physically manifested the symptoms. Talk about mind-body connection! Of course part of this is really knowing and feeling that Shaela is really our daughter.

The yearning is over as well as the insatiable appetite. Of course, right before I wrote this, I was so exhausted I just inhaled some dark chocolate pistachio toffee from Trader Joe's. (hence the question mark after the title).

I woke up at 5:30 am this morning and was ready for a nap at 9 am. We've only got a few more "to do" items left..... So excited and yet so exhausted. I truly hope I will sleep on the plane!!! We leave for the airport in 5 hours.
Blessings and Love to you all.
Debbie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home